Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Inviting LEB Offers

Inviting LEB Offers

jbilohjbiloh Administrator

Hi Everyone,

We've recently gone through and pruned/purged many old, invalid or uninteresting LEB offer submissions. Every ticket has been updated individually.

Now that we've cleaned the slate we're inviting new submissions. We intend to double our efforts to make sure high quality, unique, and especially compelling offers are posted quickly.

If you are interested please read this and submit: https://lowendbox.com/submit-an-offer/

We look forward to getting your offer posted soon!

Jon Biloh - ColoCrossing.com
«1

Comments

  • davidgestiondbidavidgestiondbi Member, Provider

    Are we still in many month of delay for an new offer?

    Gestion DBI | IT consulting | OpenVZ, KVM VDS, Shared Hosting, Dedicated Servers with 24/7 Technical Support
    DeepNet Solutions | Cheap and low cost VPS in 10 cities around the world! | Starting at $13CAD by year!

    Thanked by 1lifehome
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @davidgestiondbi said: Are we still in many month of delay for an new offer?

    Compelling offers will be posted very quickly.

    Jon Biloh - ColoCrossing.com
    Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • vpsrusvpsrus Member, Provider

    Jon,

    It is true, I've received email closing the old offers, but my offers never were considered to feature at LEB, I've been sending offer since May this year some of them better that I have seen at LEB but I always see the same companies be featured over and over. I know that my company is new at the market so I think that old ones or more established ones have the preference.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @vpsrus please submit a new offer and include a paragraph about your company.

    Jon Biloh - ColoCrossing.com
  • vpsrusvpsrus Member, Provider

    Thank you, offer sent ticket #1353

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @jbiloh said:

    @davidgestiondbi said: Are we still in many month of delay for an new offer?

    Compelling offers will be posted very quickly.

    Are you setting up another queue/etc for black friday? or is it all a hodge podge?

    Francisco

    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN + PPTP + FUSE+ SIT + GRE Support / Fully Managed / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • cassacassa Member, Provider

    I'm still waiting for a response since 8 months :)

    Halo

    Thanked by 1joeri
  • @cassa said: I'm still waiting for a response since 8 months :)

    You can take that to mean you're not going to get one then.

    Got Sister? #keepinitcociu

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @Francisco said:

    @jbiloh said:

    @davidgestiondbi said: Are we still in many month of delay for an new offer?

    Compelling offers will be posted very quickly.

    Are you setting up another queue/etc for black friday? or is it all a hodge podge?

    Francisco

    We'll be scheduling those in the next week or two. Submit if you're interested.

    Jon Biloh - ColoCrossing.com
    Thanked by 2Francisco vpsrus
  • vpsrusvpsrus Member, Provider

    @jbiloh said: @vpsrus please submit a new offer and include a paragraph about your company.

    Thank you for the appreciation

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    All existing offer submissions have been responded to. We're looking for more which will be scheduled sometime in December. Submit now! :)

    vpsrus said: Thank you for the appreciation

    You're welcome!

    Jon Biloh - ColoCrossing.com
    Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @jbiloh said:

    @Francisco said:

    @jbiloh said:

    @davidgestiondbi said: Are we still in many month of delay for an new offer?

    Compelling offers will be posted very quickly.

    Are you setting up another queue/etc for black friday? or is it all a hodge podge?

    Francisco

    We'll be scheduling those in the next week or two. Submit if you're interested.

    Sounds great. I don't think I'll have anything to submit to the gauntlet, but I'm sure some people were curious so it helps to get it asked and answered.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN + PPTP + FUSE+ SIT + GRE Support / Fully Managed / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    Francisco said: Sounds great. I don't think I'll have anything to submit to the gauntlet, but I'm sure some people were curious so it helps to get it asked and answered.

    Francisco

    If you change your mind regarding Black Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Cyber Monday let us know ASAP.

    Jon Biloh - ColoCrossing.com
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @jbiloh said:

    Francisco said: Sounds great. I don't think I'll have anything to submit to the gauntlet, but I'm sure some people were curious so it helps to get it asked and answered.

    Francisco

    If you change your mind regarding Black Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Cyber Monday let us know ASAP.

    Not changing, I just don't think i'll have gear online in time :( Me submitting an offer with a little bit of stock available is a waste of the buffer time every host has between offers. I'd much rather put something up once I got the new nodes up.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN + PPTP + FUSE+ SIT + GRE Support / Fully Managed / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    Francisco said: Not changing, I just don't think i'll have gear online in time :( Me submitting an offer with a little bit of stock available is a waste of the buffer time every host has between offers. I'd much rather put something up once I got the new nodes up.

    Francisco

    No worries.

    Looking forward to seeing you submit an offer soon.

    Jon Biloh - ColoCrossing.com
    Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @Francisco I don't think anyone would complain about a BuyVM Black Friday-esque offer posted after Black Friday :).

    Personal consultant to OP's Mom™

    Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • toshosttoshost Member, Provider
    edited November 2016

    We sent a request #1512.

    TOSHOST LTD:: Total Online Solution Relivable Server Provider Since 2012
    Managed cPanel VPS, Budget VPS, Managed Dedicated, cPanel Shared Hosting in USA, UK,SG,GR,BD, CANADA >>>

  • OnACloudOnACloud Member, Provider
    edited November 2016

    Thanks for the update & for all your hard work LET/LEB team! :)

    On A Cloud - 100% Australian Web Hosting.

    Virtual Cloud Servers (VPS) on Our OnApp Cloud | eCommerce Cloud Hosting | Shared Cloud Hosting

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    Your welcome @OnACloud

    We're looking for suggestions from offers posted/discussed on LET to be highlighted on a Special Cyber Monday post.

    What do you guys think?

    Jon Biloh - ColoCrossing.com
  • XIAOSpider97XIAOSpider97 Member, Provider

    Thank you! We sent a request #1595.

    Pump Cloud (Pump, Inc.) [AS49559] Pure SSD VPS in Los Angeles (China Telecom CN2) from $4.99/Mo
    All SSD, DDR4 VPS from $4.99/mo in Poland, France (Anti-DDoS GAME) and Canada (Anti-DDoS GAME)

  • @jbiloh - why bother asking the community for their time and offerings when nothing except CC offers were posted for BF / CM?

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @Riz said: @jbiloh - why bother asking the community for their time and offerings when nothing except CC offers were posted for BF / CM?

    Maybe he just wanted to know what others were offering so he could undercut it?

    Francisco

    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN + PPTP + FUSE+ SIT + GRE Support / Fully Managed / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    Thanked by 1davidgestiondbi
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    We've been scheduling LEB posts out many months in advance now and replying to virtually every single submission. In the past hundreds of submissions were ignored, that's not the case now.

    Jon Biloh - ColoCrossing.com
  • @jbiloh said: We've been scheduling LEB posts out many months in advance now and replying to virtually every single submission. In the past hundreds of submissions were ignored, that's not the case now.

    What relevance does that statement have to your specific request for Cyber Monday content?

    Got Sister? #keepinitcociu

  • @jbiloh said: We've been scheduling LEB posts out many months in advance now and replying to virtually every single submission. In the past hundreds of submissions were ignored, that's not the case now.

    So instead of ignoring, you request providers to send offers, reply to them and then refuse to post them? How's that any better?

    I work for this company

  • jarlandjarland Administrator

    teamacc said: So instead of ignoring, you request providers to send offers, reply to them and then refuse to post them? How's that any better?

    Was there something you were hoping for? There were some great offers on both sites. A lot of conversation here about offers available. Everyone did pretty well, did they not?

    Or are you just trying to be confrontational for the sake of it?

    MXroute is launching shared hosting. Get the launch deal before we start marketing. No CloudLinux.

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider
    edited November 2016

    @jarland said:

    teamacc said: So instead of ignoring, you request providers to send offers, reply to them and then refuse to post them? How's that any better?

    Was there something you were hoping for? There were some great offers on both sites. A lot of conversation here about offers available. Everyone did pretty well, did they not?

    Or are you just trying to be confrontational for the sake of it?

    I think it's more that the owners went through the effort of making a thread asking people to submit their BF/CM offers weeks in advance and not one person got posted. Every single offer is owned by CC, sharing the same underwear as CC, etc.

    As I said elsewhere, if they wanted to keep it to just house brands that's up to them, but to go through the above only to not accept a single offer for LEB? That's just dickish. No one would have a leg to stand on complaint wise if they came upfront and said "Listen, this is a big way for us to promote our own stuff and or our loyal colocation/etc customers".

    5 offers got posted:

    • 2 are house brands
    • 1's their alter spammy ego
    • 1's getting hand outs to groom them so something inside Buffalo finally gets a top provider tag
    • Comet at least has a non house-owned facility but they still push Buffalo and I have no doubt it wouldn't have been them in spot if it wasn't for that. There's nothing ground shattering with the offer over everything else we've seen on here so far. They could've at least given @ishaq or @jarland some slots on there for the shit they put up with, or some reliable choices like @AnthonySmith, @Awmusic12635, & @MikeA. None of them got that.

    It just smells bad. It just fans the flames of failed transparency attempts that has been brought up since the very day Joel slapped the CC logo on the front of LEB.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN + PPTP + FUSE+ SIT + GRE Support / Fully Managed / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • jarlandjarland Administrator

    I guess I'm just trying to look at the bottom line of how things went down for the community. Details aside, focusing on the conclusions. The community received a lot of offers from a variety of providers, a lot of sales were made, a lot of people walked away happy with the deals they landed.

    To me, that's a good day. I guess some days I'm a little tired of always having something to complain about. Some days I just count the good things that happened and go "What else matters? I didn't lose anything, I only gained."

    MXroute is launching shared hosting. Get the launch deal before we start marketing. No CloudLinux.

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    No ones complaining about LET, nor are the people above. The issue is LEB and that's what Jon's original thread was about; Offers for LEB homepage. People put in the effort of putting together their offers and submitting it through the system as well as handling any correspondence required and got nothing.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN + PPTP + FUSE+ SIT + GRE Support / Fully Managed / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    Thanked by 2Riz cassa
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider
    edited November 2016

    @Francisco said: They could've at least given @ishaq or @jarland some slots on there for the shit they put up with, or some reliable choices like @AnthonySmith, @Awmusic12635, & @MikeA. None of them got that. Francisco

    For me I don't think I contacted Jon about having an offer posted, I didn't think any of my offers fit well enough for the community so I just let the time pass. It just wasn't near what the current offers on LEB are so it wouldn't feel right to ask for a spot at the time. I wasn't really big on black Friday/cyber Monday either, a part of that was just bad planning though (And I spent the night playing a game..) ishaq has great offers on the other hand, that's a completely different story on them being shared.

    Edit: I just re-read the first part about no outside offers being posted, I definitely get your point with it.

    ExtraVM - DDoS Protected VPS
    OpenVZ & KVM - US, CA, FR, AU

  • @Jarland's right you know, why worry about what happened over a LEB? Yeah, providers may have lost an hour or so submitting offers, but now it's lesson learned right?

    Look what happened on LET in the same timeframe. Two providers got DDoSed out of existence due to demand for their offers. Another did his best business ever. Look at the poll results - over 80% of respondents bought exclusively from LET. At some point, you have to question whether you're just making LEB submissions for the sake of it.

    You're also never going to get it straight from @jbiloh, the man is a consummate politician; for all the relevancy in his last post, he may as well just have posted 'BANANA!'.

    So, fuck LEB. It's going nowhere, and is being driven there by people with literally no idea what they're doing. You've wasted enough time over the years. Come to LET, engage with your audience, understand them and give them what they want and watch the sales flood in.

    Got Sister? #keepinitcociu

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider

    I think I have visited leb 4 or 5 times in 2016, I forget it exists most of the time, it started to fade out of existstance a long time ago.

    Shame really, a small budget and a month and I could have it right back on top again, at this stage there are so many obvious wins not being taken advantage of that the only conclusion is that CC does not want to see leb succeed or let become anything more than it is.

    It is what it is, I accepted the only ambition here was to maintain the status quo a long time ago.

    Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ - | DEAL OF . | Instant Grav CMS PHP7
    ServersNV a brand of Inception Hosting Limited - UK KVM and OpenVZ - | THE WEEK | & Nginx €3.00 p/year

    Thanked by 2rajprakash Riz
  • jarlandjarland Administrator
    edited November 2016

    AnthonySmith said: Shame really, a small budget and a month and I could have it right back on top again, at this stage there are so many obvious wins not being taken advantage of that the only conclusion is that CC does not want to see leb succeed or let become anything more than it is.

    Who's to say it's not on top right now? For a blog posting hosting related offers that isn't just one of those fake review SEO spam sites, I mean. By what comparison can we assume that it was ever greater than it is today other than personal feeling or perception?

    I think what you really mean is you have ideas that could make it more appealing to you. Which is great, feel free to share.

    MXroute is launching shared hosting. Get the launch deal before we start marketing. No CloudLinux.

  • @Nekki said: So, fuck LEB. It's going nowhere, and is being driven there by people with literally no idea what they're doing. You've wasted enough time over the years. Come to LET, engage with your audience, understand them and give them what they want and watch the sales flood in.

    That's nice and all, but I suspect LEB traffic is far larger than LET. It makes sense for CC to monopolize LEB, but it also makes sense for providers to be upset at being excluded when CC lead them on.

  • HackedServer said:

    That's nice and all, but I suspect LEB traffic is far larger than LET.

    It's not. LET ate LEB's dinner some years ago and nothing has changed in that respect - check towards the 'where did you buy' poll thread to take a look at the (admittedly) rough numbers.

    From the data @Jarland kindly shared earlier today, LET may have peaked at nearly twice the traffic of LEB over the BF/CB period.

    Got Sister? #keepinitcociu

  • HackedServerHackedServer Member
    edited November 2016

    @Nekki said: It's not. LET ate LEB's dinner some years ago and nothing has changed in that respect - check towards the 'where did you buy' poll thread to take a look at the (admittedly) rough numbers.

    Polling LET members about where they bought from isn't exactly representative of the balance between LET/LEB views. I would honestly say that data means very little.

    From the data @Jarland kindly shared earlier today, LET may have peaked at nearly twice the traffic of LEB over the BF/CB period.

    I'm just now seeing this data, really cool! I don't see any LEB data in his posts though, am I missing it?

    If Alexa is to be trusted (idk if it is), LEB gets twice the unique monthly visitors as LET. I actually expected a bigger gap. That's still a large amount of traffic difference, and people don't go to LEB to chat.

  • HackedServer said:

    Polling LET members about where they bought from isn't exactly representative of the balance between LET/LEB views. I would honestly say that data means very little.

    I'm not looking for a balanced view, I'm trying to find out what LET members did. I'm not really interested in exclusive users of LEB.

    HackedServer said: I'm just now seeing this data, really cool! I don't see any LEB data in his posts though, am I missing it?

    It's a few posts down from the first batch of data, a bit after JB responds with that vague 'mulitple times' statement.

    Got Sister? #keepinitcociu

  • @Riz said: @jbiloh - why bother asking the community for their time and offerings when nothing except CC offers were posted for BF / CM?

    They want to seem as if they tried despite every offer since the 23rd has used CC's servers or is owned by CC.

    Again CC have free rein but don't intentionally ignore them for the sake of you making money

  • @Nekki said: I'm not looking for a balanced view, I'm trying to find out what LET members did. I'm not really interested in exclusive users of LEB.

    Then you can't use it as data to tell a provider where they should focus.

    It's a few posts down from the first batch of data, a bit after JB responds with that vague 'mulitple times' statement.

    I see it now, wow. I take back what I said. That's...shocking.

  • tragictragic Member, Provider

    @Nekki said:

    HackedServer said:

    That's nice and all, but I suspect LEB traffic is far larger than LET.

    It's not. LET ate LEB's dinner some years ago and nothing has changed in that respect - check towards the 'where did you buy' poll thread to take a look at the (admittedly) rough numbers.

    From the data @Jarland kindly shared earlier today, LET may have peaked at nearly twice the traffic of LEB over the BF/CB period.

    It was all you and your great threads.

    TragicServers - Performance VPS, Game and Voice Servers
    KVM starting at $1.66/month - Deploy today! - FREE $2 credit when you mention this signature ;)

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider
    edited November 2016

    jarland said: Who's to say it's not on top right now?

    Common sense, observation of general opinion, and not to forget... raw data.

    There is no point in sharing any more ideas, I just accept this site is what it is now, there is no ambition to take it further.

    I am sure if you had the ability too you would, but that is beyond you as you simply do not have the influence or the access so the criticism is not aimed at you.

    edit: I do not mean 'technical ability' I mean you have to many barriers.

    Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ - | DEAL OF . | Instant Grav CMS PHP7
    ServersNV a brand of Inception Hosting Limited - UK KVM and OpenVZ - | THE WEEK | & Nginx €3.00 p/year

  • HackedServer said: Then you can't use it as data to tell a provider where they should focus.

    I'm suggesting they have something of a captive audience here, with a far simpler route to submission.

    Not saying one is 'better' than the other necessarily, just stating the bleeding obvious really.

    Got Sister? #keepinitcociu

  • jarlandjarland Administrator

    @AnthonySmith said:

    jarland said: Who's to say it's not on top right now?

    Common sense, observation of general opinion, and not to forget... raw data.

    There is no point in sharing any more ideas, I just accept this site is what it is now, there is no ambition to take it further.

    I am sure if you had the ability too you would, but that is beyond you as you simply do not have the influence or the access so the criticism is not aimed at you.

    edit: I do not mean 'technical ability' I mean you have to many barriers.

    What raw data? I'm suggesting right now that LEB is larger than it ever was. What evidence is there otherwise? Common sense is just another way of saying "in my opinion" while trying to justify stating it as fact without providing any data. As for access and influence, try me.

    I get the feelings and the sentiment, you know I do. I'm challenging the narrative though. How we feel is not always representative of the facts. It's not unusual to romanticize the past. It's also not unusual to pull raw data and see that it conflicts with the narrative in your head. We don't actually have the raw data though, so I'm proposing that we have no idea what we're talking about if we suggest that the sites are not on top of their game.

    MXroute is launching shared hosting. Get the launch deal before we start marketing. No CloudLinux.

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider
    edited November 2016

    jarland said: What raw data? I'm suggesting right now that LEB is larger than it ever was. What evidence is there otherwise?

    what do you mean 'what raw data' the raw data I had access too while I was a mod, the raw data that is available going back to 2011 on BSA, the raw data I have as an advertiser on LEB, hell even the alexa data.

    Common sense is based on ... well ok lets not.

    if you really want to get in to it and are prepared to concede if proven wrong as I am then we can, and we can do it in a civil manner, but I am not going to waste time on it if you are going to tow the line.

    If you have not checked the data why do you think it is larger than it ever was, on what metric?

    Also I don't think I romanticize the past, it is not the first time I have been accused of that and I understand why, 2011/2012 even 2013 were great, numbers were up, it was booming, but it failed to evolve and keep with the times, it has stood still.

    The only thing that has changed are the people, with the cluster still not working as it should all these years on and bugs still present for years, it is not unfair to say that the 'technical push' to keep things new and evolving simply does not exist.

    I remember about 3 years ago, one of the many many many 'how can we improve' threads was started, it went on for a LONG time, almost nothing was implemented for the same technical barriers that exist to this day.

    One of the suggestions drew lot of attention and jon loved it, everyone could see the advantages in terms of user experience, traffic generation, traffic relevance and so on, never happened because it would require an already existing plugin to be installed, if even that cant be done when everyone wants it including the owners... there is a problem.

    But you know, I find my self thinking as I type this, it has all been said, actions speak louder than words, and in that regard the silence has been deafening, I used to find it frustrating to see from a business perspective, now I just think it is a shame and don't let it bother me as much, it is just an interesting topic is all.

    Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ - | DEAL OF . | Instant Grav CMS PHP7
    ServersNV a brand of Inception Hosting Limited - UK KVM and OpenVZ - | THE WEEK | & Nginx €3.00 p/year

  • @jarland said:

    What raw data? I'm suggesting right now that LEB is larger than it ever was. What evidence is there otherwise? Common sense is just another way of saying "in my opinion" while trying to justify stating it as fact without providing any data. As for access and influence, try me.

    What do you mean by 'larger'? More traffic/page views/unique visits?

    In the cases of those metrics , I thought it was fairly well established that LEB is currently (BF bump not withstanding) well below its past performance.

    Got Sister? #keepinitcociu

  • jarlandjarland Administrator

    @AnthonySmith said:

    jarland said: What raw data? I'm suggesting right now that LEB is larger than it ever was. What evidence is there otherwise?

    what do you mean 'what raw data' the raw data I had access too while I was a mod, the raw data that is available going back to 2011 on BSA, the raw data I have as an advertiser on LEB, hell even the alexa data.

    Common sense is based on ... well ok lets not.

    if you really want to get in to it and are prepared to concede if proven wrong as I am then we can, and we can do it in a civil manner, but I am not going to waste time on it if you are going to tow the line.

    If you have not checked the data why do you think it is larger than it ever was, on what metric?

    Also I don't think I romanticize the past, it is not the first time I have been accused of that and I understand why, 2011/2012 even 2013 were great, numbers were up, it was booming, but it failed to evolve and keep with the times, it has stood still.

    The only thing that has changed are the people, with the cluster still not working as it should all these years on and bugs still present for years, it is not unfair to say that the 'technical push' to keep things new and evolving simply does not exist.

    I remember about 3 years ago, one of the many many many 'how can we improve' threads was started, it went on for a LONG time, almost nothing was implemented for the same technical barriers that exist to this day.

    One of the suggestions drew lot of attention and jon loved it, everyone could see the advantages in terms of user experience, traffic generation, traffic relevance and so on, never happened because it would require an already existing plugin to be installed, if even that cant be done when everyone wants it including the owners... there is a problem.

    But you know, I find my self thinking as I type this, it has all been said, actions speak louder than words, and in that regard the silence has been deafening, I used to find it frustrating to see from a business perspective, now I just think it is a shame and don't let it bother me as much, it is just an interesting topic is all.

    I'm always willing to admit that I'm wrong. I'm not actually saying that factually the sites are doing better now, I'm proposing that they are at the height of their success and have never been better to do one thing: challenge the narrative. If the narrative is supported and my challenge upholds it, great. But I want to make sure we're not all just remembering when our lives were easier and projecting that on to everything else.

    @Nekki said:

    @jarland said:

    What raw data? I'm suggesting right now that LEB is larger than it ever was. What evidence is there otherwise? Common sense is just another way of saying "in my opinion" while trying to justify stating it as fact without providing any data. As for access and influence, try me.

    What do you mean by 'larger'? More traffic/page views/unique visits?

    In the cases of those metrics , I thought it was fairly well established that LEB is currently (BF bump not withstanding) well below its past performance.

    I actually don't see that fully established. I actually suggest that the glory days might have been far lower traffic, a smaller and more intimate community. I think we're falsely equating the old sentiments with success by numbers.

    MXroute is launching shared hosting. Get the launch deal before we start marketing. No CloudLinux.

  • @jarland said:

    I actually don't see that fully established. I actually suggest that the glory days might have been far lower traffic, a smaller and more intimate community. I think we're falsely equating the old sentiments with success by numbers.

    I'm going to see if I can get into an old email account where I have a bunch of numbers JB have me a couple of months back. I thought they were pretty conclusive, but I find it hard to believe I've seen data you haven't, so I need to take another look.

    Got Sister? #keepinitcociu

  • jarlandjarland Administrator

    @Nekki said:

    @jarland said:

    I actually don't see that fully established. I actually suggest that the glory days might have been far lower traffic, a smaller and more intimate community. I think we're falsely equating the old sentiments with success by numbers.

    I'm going to see if I can get into an old email account where I have a bunch of numbers JB have me a couple of months back. I thought they were pretty conclusive, but I find it hard to believe I've seen data you haven't, so I need to take another look.

    I only have my piwik installation.

    MXroute is launching shared hosting. Get the launch deal before we start marketing. No CloudLinux.

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider

    jarland said: I'm proposing that they are at the height of their success

    Ok, but based on what?

    jarland said: But I want to make sure we're not all just remembering when our lives were easier and projecting that on to everything else.

    My life certainly was not better back then, I quit my job and started Inception hosting from scratch, things for sure were a lot harder back then.

    This is a business, if you cannot measure it, it is a waste of time, you can call it glory days, nostalgia, romanticism or what ever, the numbers are available and are just as valid as they are today in terms of determining success.

    What I suspect is the case, and this really is just an opinion, people pay anyway, the advert slots are almost always full, revenue is not impacted regardless of site numbers, so why bother to invest.

    I am sure this site is chump change to CC anyway, if it fails it fails, they can always sell it when the tipping point happens.

    Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ - | DEAL OF . | Instant Grav CMS PHP7
    ServersNV a brand of Inception Hosting Limited - UK KVM and OpenVZ - | THE WEEK | & Nginx €3.00 p/year

  • jarland said: I only have my piwik installation.

    Got an email address I can holler at? The data's in a table and I don't think it'll format well in a PM.

    Got Sister? #keepinitcociu

Sign In or Register to comment.