Rules for selling on LowEndTalk
These rules are in place to both protect the members of this community as well as requiring a certain participation before people can start posting offers. If you PM me and ask for the provider tag, I'll know you haven't read this. I'll also assume that you don't care about our community.
- Members must have 5 posts and have been registered for 14 days to be allowed to post in this forum.
- Members must be approved by a member of staff before being able to post offers.
- You must have a website with a proper ordering system. "Email me to get this deal" does not count.
- For currency other than USD, use the foreign exchange on the day of posting to verify the cost fits the requirement and post the exchange rate of that day.
- Do not list packages that do not pass the pricing test, even if you have one or more that do.
- List the final price after any discounts/coupons. Just the discount percentage is not enough.
- Maximum 1 offer thread per provider per 14 days. More frequent than that would be regarded as SPAM and the thread(s) will be removed.
- Using a nulled WHMCS grants you a lifetime ban on LowEndBox and LowEndTalk.
- Providers need to display valid Public WHOIS information on their domain OR provide proof of company registration (publicly accessible on the website of your country's commerce authority).
- It is not allowed to respond to threads requesting an offer with "PM me" or "e-mail me" without having had a public thread on LowEndTalk.com with your provider details in it (in accordance with our guidelines) OR a public statement of which company you represent.
No unlimited in offers! This means you can not ever feature unlimited disk space. If you offer unlimited bandwidth you need to specify the limiting factor and whether it's shared with other people or not! Naturally, having unlimited features (like the number of mailboxes) is allowed.
You need to be manually approved in order to post offers in addition to complying with the above rules! Please contact staff using the help desk.
Please be informative in your offers. Please list out basic specifications (amount of memory, storage space, monthly data/bandwidth and port speed), virtualization method (Xen, OpenVZ, KVM, etc), data center location and a test IP would be ideal.
Low End offers only. Currently a price point must be met
- VPS must not exceed USD$7/month recurring on monthly billing, with no setup fee, or
- VPS must not exceed USD$15/year recurring on annual billing, with no setup fee, if the provider has been in business for less than a year, or
- VPS must not exceed USD$48/year recurring on annual billing, with no setup fee, if the provider has been in business for more than a year, or
- VPS must not exceed USD$96/3 years recurring on at most tri-annual billing, with no setup fee, if the provider is a registered business and has been one for at least two years.
- Dedicated must not exceed USD$49/month recurring on monthly billing, with no setup fee.
- Only monthly pricing for dedicated servers!
Shared Hosting Offers
- You must be approved to post in the offer forum (Provider title). Seek approval at our help desk.
- You must be a registered LET member for 6 months.
- You must have a minimum of 5 posts (not spammy).
- You cannot post unlimited storage offers.
- One offer post is allowed every 14 days (shared/VPS offers not counted on the same timer)
- Price rules are the same as VPS offers.
- If posting VPS/shared offer in one thread, keep shared hosting references minimal in subject and post in regular Offers forum.
Domain Auctions & Sales
- Auction Start/Reserve price can not be set above $7
- All bids must be public and made in the domain auction topic
- Members can only list 1 domain auction thread per 30 days
- All domain auction threads are set to "sink" after 24 hours so replies no longer bump them to the top of the forum
- Members must have 25 posts and have been registered for 14 days to be allowed to list a domain sale
- Domain needs to be at least 6 months old
- A deal is a deal. A failure to actually sell/transfer the domains after having offered them on action will have consequences for you at LowEndTalk. A failure to respond or finish the transaction in a decent matter (or at all) as the highest bidder may also have consequences for you at LowEndTalk.
- We don't hold any responsibility for potential disputes between two parties. Participating in auctions is at your own risk.
- You may only sell domains for a virtual currency if you put up a fixed exchange rate in the initial post. Changing this exchange rate later will have consequences.
Other offers, which may not fit into the above categories, may be listed on a case-by-case basis with our permission. The requirements for these offers are: at least registered for 14 days, a minimum of 25 posts and maximum of one offer per 30 days with our permission. Depending on the type of offer, standard VPS pricing and other guidelines may also apply.